June 15, 2020
Dear Lucy’s Clients,
Please be advised that Lucy’s was notified on 6/15 that an employee at our 1604 location has tested positive for COVID-19. Lucy’s is notifying any individual that may have come into contact with the associate.
Due to confidentiality laws, we are unable to release the name of the employee but we want to share that the associate worked at the 1604 location on 6/4 (1:30 pm-8 pm), 6/7 (8 am-6 pm) and 6/8 (1:30 pm-8 pm) and was asymptomatic on these dates. The location has been cleaned and sanitized many times since these dates and we will continue with our daily enhanced cleaning as well as other safety protocols that can be found below under May 4th notice.
If you visited Lucy’s during the above dates and are exhibiting COVID-19 related symptoms, please visit your local testing facility to obtain a free test for COVID-19. More information and testing facility locations can be found here: COVID-19 San Antonio
Following are current Lucy’s COVID-19 safety protocols:
- Only offering curbside drop off and pick up to create an outside only minimal client/associate interaction.
- All Lucy’s associates working in the kennel and front desk area are required to wear face protection.
- All associates engaging with clients at curbside are required to wear face protection. We ask that all clients wear face protection when engaging with our associates.
- If an associate displays COVID-19 symptoms they are instructed not to come to work and the associate is not eligible to return to work until a specific criteria is met.
- Hourly sanitation for frequently touched surfaces.
- Shared pens, utensils, walkies, leashes, keyboards, IPADS, phones, etc. are sanitized after each use
- Hand sanitation upon entering the building.
- Leashes sanitized between use of each pup.
- All associates are required to go through a verbal health screening before each shift.
- All associates will be given a temperature check before and after each shift.
- In the event we have a positive case, all associates that worked in close proximity will also be required to be tested for COVID-19.
Because no business or person is impervious to COVID-19, we want you to know the risks of contagion and the steps Lucy’s is taking to minimize these risks.
We also know these risks will be with all of us for the considerable near future. Because of that, please continue to exercise CDC best practices and make the best decision for your personal health risk circumstance.
For any questions you may have, please e-mail me directly at email@example.com and I will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support and trust you have placed in our team.
See below to view policies and procedures.
May 4th, 2020
Dear loyal clients,
We are very excited to be opening on Monday, May 4, and can’t wait to play with your pups! Please note that Lucy’s Doggy Daycare & Spa has made some changes to our policies and procedures in order to ensure the safety of all throughout COVID-19. Please visit the below link to learn about these changes. Be sure to review the changes for the specific location that you will be visiting as there are different procedures for each. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding during this time.