Daycare & Boarding
Safety is of the utmost importance at Lucy’s Doggy Daycare and Spa. For the health and safety of our guests, dogs must have the following:
- To qualify for interactive daycare dogs are required to be spayed or neutered and temperament tested. (Pups younger than 8-months-old needn’t be spayed or neutered.) – Dogs not eligible for interactive daycare may still board and will have a minimum of four and up to six 15 minute leash free spacious back yard rotations.
- Proof of current vaccinations including distemper/parvo and rabies (every year or three years depending on the vaccinations your veterinarian administers) and a 6-month Bordetella.
- If vaccinations are not current, we require a 5-day waiting period for vaccinations to become effective. The waiting period begins the day after the vaccination is administered.
- Grooming requirements are same as above, however, we only require Bordetella annually.
- We do not accept home vaccinations, hand written vaccinations and require all vaccinations be administered by a licensed veterinarian.
- Puppies must be over the age of 16 weeks and have had their puppy boosters. We require 3 distemper/parvo boosters, a current rabies vaccine and a 6-month bordetella. Once they receive their last booster, there is a 5-day waiting period before they can come join in the fun.
- The following breeds are not eligible for interactive daycare: Pit Bull or Pit Bull mixes, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bull Dog, Shar Pei, Dogo Argentino, Cane Corso, Presa Canario, Fila Brasileiro, Ovtcharka, as well as dogs mixed with these breeds. Wolves or Wolf hybrids are not permitted for any services.
Dogs diagnosed with Heartworms are not permitted in interactive daycare.
- Dogs undergoing Heartworm treatment are not permitted for any services.
- Non-spayed females that are in Heat or pregnant females are not permitted for any services.
- Lucy’s is a flea-free environment. If a dog has fleas or other external parasites, the dog will be bathed at the owner’s expense.
- Due to our primary concern with each dog’s health and safety, we recommend dogs with the following health conditions board with a veterinary hospital for specialized care: seizures, diabetes and dogs currently undergoing chemotherapy.
- In the event that your dog does not receive the distemper/parvo or rabies vaccinations (for health reasons/immunity), a “titer test” will need to be performed by your veterinarian. There is no “titer test” for the bordetella, and will need to administered as required. A copy of the “titer test” results is required before coming in for any services.
- Check-in and check-out times are Monday – Friday: 7am – 8pm; Saturday – Sunday: 9am – 6pm.
- A $1 per minute will be applied for late pick-ups after closing hours.
- An extra day of daycare is applied if pick-up time from boarding is more than four hours after the original drop-off time
- Payment for half of your pups boarding stay is required at the time of drop off if staying for over two weeks
- In an effort to provide great service for all of our grooming clients, any no shows or appointments cancelled without at least 24 hours’ notice will be charged a $20.00 cancellation fee.
- There is a $5 holiday surcharge per dog, per night, for the following dates, the day before Memorial Day, Memorial Day, July 3rd and 4th, the day before Labor Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Eve, Thanksgiving , Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and Day
- The quantity stay discount is not valid during holidays or spring break.
- We require a minimum of a 2-night stay during holidays and spring break.
- During holiday time periods we require notification of cancellation 48 hours prior to your reservation. One night’s stay will be charged if notification is not received within this time frame.
- Special hours of operation: Christmas, New Year’s Day and Thanksgiving Day, front desk is closed. During July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day and Easter we are open from 7am – 10am and from 4pm – 6pm. We close at 6pm on Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving Eve and New Year’s Eve.
Items recommended for overnight boarding:
- Properly leashed.
- Food: preferred individually bagged per serving, per day, per dog.
- Treats, if desired.
- Medication if needed; please know dosage, frequency, and medication name
- Toys, if desired. Please limit to two toys.
- Bedding/blankets: Please do not bring blankets or bedding as Lucy’s will provide.
Items recommended for daycare:
- Properly leashed (includes leash and collar).
- Food, if feeding is desired. Preferred individually bagged per serving, per dog.
- Medication if needed; please know dosage, frequency, and medication name.